Ever- Clever Elisa
By: Johanna Hurwitz
1. Ever- Clever Elisa is about a girl named Elisa who lives in an apartment, 4H, and makes big plans as she grows up to be 7. During her life from 6 to 7 years old Elisa goes to first grade, experiences how to elect on election day, turns 7 and gets a piano for her birthday, loses her baby teeth, and buys a raffle ticket expecting to win a cruise to the Bahamas, but unfortunately she loses but claims that she will go on a cruise. On evening when Elisa is eating supper she swallows one of her loose tooth and she writes a note to the tooth fairy and receives one dollar! Elisa also gets her mother a gift for mother??™s day. She makes her mom a card and she bakes brownies with her friend, Nora, and gives her mother the brownie with orange juice and the card she made at school. Elisa borrows her mother??™s engagement ring and gives it to her teacher, Ms. Lovelace, and is accused of stealing, but is forgiven. Elisa learns many things in his book and it teaches me things too.
2. President- a person who runs whatever it is president of
an officer appointed or elected to preside over an organized body of persons.
Vote- something a person does so their favorite candidate wins the election
a collective expression of will as inferred from a number of votes
Raffle- a game where you get ticket and if your ticket matches the ticket that is picked you are the winner
a form of lottery in which a number of persons buy one or more chances to win a prize.
3. A major character from this book is Russell, Elisa??™s older brother. His character is important, because he always discouraged Elisa by saying that he couldn??™t do it to whatever it was.
4. This story takes place Elisa??™s apartment home, 4H, Elisa??™s first grade classroom, Elisa??™s school gym where the election takes place, Nora??™s apartment house, the elevator of Elisa??™s apartment building, and the grocery store. This all takes place during Elisa??™s move from 6 years old to 7 and from kindergarten to first grade.
3. I can relate to Elisa, because she said that she loves to count and so do I. This helped me understand the book better, because it helped me know more about her.
3. Elisa turns 7 on her birthday and she gets a piano.[pic]
2. Elisa and her father go and vote on Election Day.[pic] 1. Elisa enters the first grade. [pic]
5. Elisa swallowed her loose tooth when she was eating supper.[pic]
4. Elisa gives her mother a brownie for mother??™s day.[pic]
6. Elisa buys a raffle ticket expecting to win a cruise to the Bahamas, but unfortunately doesn??™t win.