Hackers typically follow a five-step attack to seek out and destruct targeted hosts. The first measure in executing an onslaught is to be after the onslaught by placing the mark and acquisition every bit much as possible about it. Hackers normally perform an initial reconnaissance and examining scan to place IP hosts. unfastened ports. and services enabled on waiters and workstations. In this lab. you planned an onslaught on 172. 30. 0. 0/24 where the VM waiter farm resides. and used the Zenmap GUI to execute an “Intense Scan” on the targeted IP subnetwork. Note:
These signifiers have been formatted to let you to finish the signifier online and salvage it utilizing Adobe Reader. You may see jobs with either or both of these actions if you are utilizing any other package plan.
Lab Assessment Questions & A ; Answers
1. Name at least five applications and tools pre-loaded on the TargetWindows01 waiter desktop. and place
whether that application starts as a service on the system or must be run manually.
Windowss application loaded
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
start as service Y/n
q Yes Q Yes q Yes q Yes Q Yes q No Q No Q No Q No Q No
tftpd32 filezilla wireshark Nessus NetWitness Investigator
Lab # 1 | Perform Reconnaissance and Probing Using Zenmap GUI ( Nmap ) 2. What was the allocated beginning IP host reference for the TargetWindows01 waiter. LAN Switch 1.
LAN Switch 2. and the IP default gateway router?
TagetWindows01 Server- Source IP = 172. 30. 0. 8 TargetUbuntu01 Server – Source IP = 172. 30. 0. 4 TargetUbuntu02 Server – Source IP = 172. 30. 0. 9 The Default Gateway IP is = 172. 30. 0. 1
3. Make the targeted IP hosts respond to the ICMP echo-request package with an ICMP echo-reply package when
you initiated the “ping” bid at your DOS prompt? If yes. how many ICMP echo-request packages were sent back to the IP beginning? Yes. the targeted IP host responded back with 4 echo-replies.
4. What is the bid line sentence structure for running an “Intense Scan” with Zenmap on a mark subnet of
172. 30. 0. 0/24?
The Fieldss that vary is the Time To Live ( TTL ) Fieldss. For the TargetUbuntu01 it’s 64 and the TargetWindows01 is 128.
5. Name at least five different scans that may be performed from the Zenmap GUI. Document under what
fortunes you would take to run those peculiar scans. The sentence structure for an Intense Scan in Zenmap is as followed: nmap -T4 -A -v -PE -PS22. 25. 80 -PA21. 23. 80. 3389 172. 30. 0. 0/24
6. How many different trials ( i. e. . books ) did your “Intense Scan” definition perform? List them all after
Perform Reconnaissance and Probing Using Zenmap GUI ( Nmap )
reexamining the scan study.
ZenMap GUI ( Nmap ) Learning Objectives and Outcomes Upon finishing this lab. pupils will be able to execute the undermentioned undertakings: Obtain. entree. and copy the Virtual Machines ( server farm and workstations ) needed for this class onto your removable difficult thrust Use VMware Player to enable and power-up the VMs ( server farm and workstations ) …
7. Describe what each of these trials or books performs within the Zenmap GUI ( Nmap ) scan study.
8. How many entire IP hosts ( non numbering Cisco device interfaces ) did Zenmap GUI ( Nmap ) find on the
9. Based on your Nmap scan consequences and initial reconnaissance and probing. what following stairss would you
perform on the VSCL mark machines?