Song Ve Yen QIUP – 201804 – 002224
Yang Yun Yi QIUP – 201804 – 002317
Eunice Mah Yi qian QIUP – 201804 – 002226
Shaun Gabriel Anthony QIUP – 201804 – 002297
• Online Shopping is
a process for
and services over
through the use of
a web browser.
The inventor of online shopping was
Michael Aldrich. In 1979, Michael
Aldrich connected a domestic television
by telephone line to a real -time
transaction processing computer and
invented what he called teleshopping.
Today it is called online shopping, e –
commerce and e -business and it is a fast
growing world -wide multi -billion dollar
business. E -commerce changed the way
the world does business. This is the
story of how it online shopping began.
Have You Shop Online Before?
Once A Month Once Every 2 Weeks Once A Week or More
Frequency of Shopping Online on 2017
Frequency of Shopping Online
lose a lot
wait for a free
to try on the
Process of Online Shopping
Method of payment
• Credit card
• Debit card
• Bank Transfer
• Purchase Order
• Google checkout
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE
• Deals can be done any day ,
anytime and anywhere.
• Wide array of goods and
choices can be found online.
• Consumer can purchase for
their goods through online
without ever leaving their
2. Price comparisons
• Price comparisons can be done easily from
hundreds of different vendors.
• Multiple websites often sell the same product.
With the help of internet, prices can be
• Sometime cheap deals and better prices are
3 . Discounts and
• Online shops often offer deep
discounts , rewards and cash
back during the festivals and also
some particular days.
• They keep you apprised with
their latest activities by signing
up as member.
4. No pressure
• Can avoid awkward overtures by
• Generally, in physical stores, the
sales representatives try to convince
buyers to buy the product. This will
be a kind of pressure.
• In an online store, there is no
salesperson hovering around and
pressuring you to purchase an item.
1. Shipping Charges
2.Delay In Delivery
• Long duration ; lack of
results in delay.
• Cannot get instant
• The delivery of the
product to customer’ s
doorstep takes time.
This may frustrates
• Fraud and identity theft are
a constant threat when
buying over the internet.
• Bank details may be
exposed and been misused
which raises privacy issues.
• Some consumer may be
cheated by the seller for
refusing to send you your
4.Lack Of Touch
• Quality & suitability of
items may not satisfy
• Photos and information
of items online much
better than the once
you have the item in
• https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/o/online -shopping.htm
• https://news.ecinsider.my/2016/12/5 -malaysia -online -shopping -trends –
• https://blog.buymeapie.com/online -shopping -traditional -shopping -pros -cons/
• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV -bJSHol3U
• https://greengarageblog.org/9 -pros -and -cons -of -online -shopping
• https:// www.webpagefx.com/blog/web -design/ online -payment -systems /