U NI T 8 P 6
By; Asanga Usen -ita
E – C OMME R C E S T R AT E G Y
S T RU C T U R E
• Customer interface -This is how the customers on the e -commerce website interact with the page,
enabling them to navigate around the website. This includes things like the products page, about
us page, etc, which the customer may want to look at. If these are easy to find and very easy to
navigate to, then the customer will be impressed with the interface and how much they are able
the interact with the e -commerce.
• Ease of use -A customer on an e commerce website is able to use things such as the search tool,
enabling customers to find something specific, quickly an efficiently on the e commerce website.
Another factor that makes the e commerce easy to use is the cart. Just like normal shopping you
can add items to your cart, but you don’t have to carry it round, it just stays in your cart till you
check out. Lastly, if products are delivered incorrectly, then the customer can send them back
whenever and ask for a replacement or just cancel the order.
H O S T I N G
• Hosting -Hosting is done by a company that provides space on a server in
order for you to host files for a website, as well as providing an internet
connection, so that other computers on the same server can access the files.
• Choice of ISP -This is what sort of provider you use to gain access to the
internet. The choice for this can be very hard as their is many different service
providers that yu can choose from. You need to make this decision very smartly
as the better then interenet provider, then the better the service provider, the
better the e -commerce website you can provide to the customers. Choices
inlcude BT, sky, etc.
P RO M OT I O N
• Marketing -This is how the website would be displayed to customers for the purpose
of promotion, service or brand. The best thing to do for this is to find a target market
for the e -commerce business by doing a bit of market research into various areas of
a specific market. This means you can discover the customers need for the service of
the e -commerce website. This also means that customers of a specific market will
discover the e -commerce website and be attracted to it.
• Advertising the site – There are various ways in which you could promote the e –
commerce business, but I think the most effective way to do this would be to use the
internet. People already on the internet that see the advertisement may be tempted
to visit the site as it is easy for them to access.
C O S T S
• Setup -This will include the hardware, networking and software need to be
paid for. They can either be rented or bought. Also you can use either internal
or external skills to setup the system.
• Maintenance -With the market always growing, the website will have to be
updated regularly as products and other business elements will go out of date.
This can also be done internally or externally by skilled professionals
• Security -This depends on how many security features you have and how
good the quality of these security features are. It would be a good idea to
inform customers on the website that they are secure and safe.
S E C U R I T Y
• Fraud Protection -The website needs to be secure so that people cannot fraud things like customers details
and card details. This can be done by using things such as SSL, HTTPS and making customers have strong
passwords including lower case and upper case letters, numbers and symbols. This is all done to prevent
mostly identity theft on the website, so that customers can trust the website for all of their purchases that
they may do in future. I would propose making the customers have very strong passwords including upper
case and lower case letters, numbers, etc. to make sure that the passwords aren’t easy to hack.
• Hackers -The website also needs to be very secure to prevent hackers from gaining access to the website
and customers details. This can be overcome by making a very secure password that no one will be able to
guess. |However this will just be for small hacker prevention. For more secure prevention of hacking you can
use software that closes things known as ports that aren’t being used, to deter hackers away from the
system. This means that it takes the hackers longer to gain access to the website so they will no longer try
and gain access to the website. I would propose using the software that closes ports that aren’t being used
to make sure that hackers can’t get in this way.
S O U R C E S O F I N F RO M AT I O N
• https://prezi.com/tfs8qflc5v -f/e -commerce -strategy -p6/